Horicon Elementary School District Vision
Our vision at Horicon Elementary School District is to prepare students to successfully transition to high school and beyond by providing a strong academic program that meets the needs of all students in a safe, nurturing environment.
Horicon Elementary School District Mission
- Students achieve a strong academic foundation, are curious and excited learners, think critically, problem solve, strive for excellence, work with diligence, achieve personal understanding, and try new things without fear.
- The school community of staff, parents, board and community members provide a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- Horicon’s goals are achieved through wise use of resources (financial, student, human) supports Horicon’s goals
- Adults and students participate in ongoing learning
- Adults and students communicate with integrity and in a timely manner
Horicon Elementary School District Core Beliefs
- All children can reach their potential – Personalized learning
- Students and parents share responsibility for their own learning
- A safe and clean environment is essential for effective learning
- Collaborative teamwork based on respect, trust, and support is essential for effective learning
- Horicon educational leaders are visionary trail blazers and pioneers who support student achievement and success
- Horicon Elementary School District values community and family involvement, being a community center, appreciates local history and being connected to the larger world
2016-17 School Board Trustee Goals:
- Student Achievement:
- All students will be at or above grade level in math, reading and writing (ELA).
- All students will make academic progress as evidenced by multiple measures, including: California standardized tests, CELDT or current ELD assessment, Local measures developed and agreed upon by faculty and the Board of Trustees
- All English Learners will progress in learning English, increasing CELDT or current ELD test levels annually.
- Learning Environment:
- Students will have a safe and nurturing educational experience enhanced by character development programs and enrichment activities.
- High quality staff will be recruited, retained and trained to meet current and future district needs.
- Parents and community will be utilized to support and enrich the students’ experiences.
- Student Achievement:
3. Facility: Facilities will be maintained to high standards and improvements made to maximize safety, longevity and aesthetics.
4. Fiscal: The School District will remain fiscally sound.